Oh, Baby! These are so good. Fresh Oatmeal Creme Pies with a hint of pumpkin pie going on. No lie. They are soft and rich, just like the popular snack cake and well they are stuffed with buttercream frosting. Kinda hard to wrong there.
This was inspired by Pinterest and ever time I see a copycat recipe for them go by, I think Oooooh I should really try making some. So here we are and yes, I did. On a side note when you bake the cookies – YOUR HOUSE IS GONNA SMELL SO FANTASTIC. True story.
I adapted these lovely snack cakes, cookies, fall treats, or whatever you’d like to call them from the lovely blog: Carlsbad Cravings. Her amazing Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie recipe can be found here: RECIPE.
You should make it a point to check it out and the rest of her blog. It is filled with deliciousness and fun. ❤
PUMPKIN OATMEAL CREME PIES
makes 14 pies and 1 cookie to sample (or 2…)
For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter , softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ground cloves)
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream (using anything with less fat will result in a much less creamy consistency)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
NOTE: The dough will be pretty loose and a lovely golden orange. Don’t worry it will bake up into rich, dense cookies that are soft and cake-like, just like the store-bought version.