Amazingly flavorful beans from a can and in under 20 minutes. Seriously. All the convenience of canned beans from your pantry with a little fresh herbal loving and bam! You have intensely aromatic and flavorful dish. This would make a great meal with cornbread, or a great side at Easter, or… sub out the prosciutto and use leftover Easter ham.
WHITE BEANS WITH PROSCIUTTO
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
DIRECTIONS: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary; sauté 30 seconds. Add wine; cook until liquid evaporates. Add broth, pepper, and beans; cook for 3 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley and prosciutto.
Escarole & Bean Sauté: Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Gradually add a (1-pound) bag of chopped escarole, and cook 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water; cover. Cook for 30 seconds, and uncover. Add 4 teaspoons garlic, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and beans. Cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and black pepper.
Just a little more deliciousness from: A New Way to Cook Light pg. 329
I could eat beans everyday…Apronclad